Prepare for burlesque royalty! The Superstars of Burlesque are back and heading to Chicago on September 16th! Performing at the Park West in 2 shows only (8 and 10pm) are Julie Atlas Muz, Kalani Kokonuts, Hot Toddy, The Stage Door Johnnies, Dirty Martini, Tigger!, The Chicago Starlets, Indigo Blue, Trixie Little and the Evil Hate Monkey, Roxi D’Lite, and me! All hosted by Mr. Showbiz, Murray Hill! Each performer is a Burlesque Hall of Fame Title Holder. [Tickets] are available now online, or IN PERSON at Studio L’amour, the Park West box office or Taboo Tabou!
Then on September 17th, we have Superstar Workshops at Studio L’amour! There are 4 spots left for Hot Toddy and Kalani Kokonuts. [Register] now!
6pm-7pm: “Jazz Dancing for Burlesque” with Hot Toddy
Dance class focusing on the 40s/50s style dance, using isolation, jazz technique, and Fosse style dance movements that can be used to bring extra style to your burlesque routines.
7:15pm-8:15pm: “Costuming Glamour” with Kalani Kokonuts
Costuming and Presentation
Kalani Kokonuts will work with you as a group as well as one on one.
- Basics of costuming and how to stand out from the crowd.
- How to create powerful and dynamic acts.
- How to get ideas and inspiration which works for anyone.
- How to create color combinations
- 20 most common mistakes that amateur performers make in costuming as well as props.
- How to get the most bang for your buck while looking like you spent a fortune.
- How to rhinestone to dazzle and create depth.
- Please bring your ideas