Ten years ago, I started a burlesque group, The Chicago Starlets. In 2010, the Chicago Starlets were inducted into the Burlesque Hall of Fame in Las Vegas as the Best Group in the World. Over the years, the Starlets made a name for themselves as many of them have traveled the world doing their special brand of striptease.
Now, ladies from the ten year history of the Chicago Starlets are getting back together for the sexiest reunion show the Windy City has ever seen!
Bonus, we are raising money for the Shriner’s Hospital for Children! Always good to perform for a good cause!
On July 15th, join Dottie La Vie, Lady Ginger, Honey Halfpint, Brooklyn Britches, Frenchie Kiss, Porcelain Pistol, Penny Rose, Lacie Roulet, Millie Toulouse, Kami Oh, Sophia Hart, Rhonda Vous, Lily Bloom, DeVaughn Dior, Deirde Doll, Dominique Trixx, Ivy Fabulous, Vivian Velvet, and Nora Gretz at City Winery! Get your tickets now!
The new episode of Revealing is out today! In this episode, I answer YOUR questions. Thanks for sending in those questions and thanks for listening! Check it out here.
Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. I hope you saw some fireworks and created some of your own! Now, there are SO many great things coming up this week. Check it out!
1. All classes begin this week at Studio L’amour. The props for Teasin’ & Pleasin’ are parasols, sarongs, and bikini tops.
2. I am teaching a NEW workshop called Candlelight Burlesque on July 8th. Indulge in a sensual burlesque class done all in candlelight. Nothing is sexier than candlelight! The movements will be slow, sensual and ultra feminine. This class will leave you high on sensuality.
3. On July 9th, get ready to get down and dirty with some rockin’ Chicago blues! Join us for our new event, The Shimmy Shack at Township for a night of burlesque striptease, wiggling GoGo dancers, live music from the Chicago Blues Angels, vintage stag films and sleazy beats by DJ Franky Vivid.
Get your tix here!
4. July 10, is Naked Girls Reading with Tales, Tails and Cocktails at Studio L’amour at 7pm! We’ll be reading about booze, of course. Tickets come with one free drink. Otherwise, it’s BYOB.
5. And finally, Striptease Summer Camp is July 11 and 12! Join us for one class, or take all classes on both days at a discounted rate.
JULY 11 – Take the whole day for $65 for each class for $25.
- 1:15 – 2:15 – Hot Hip Hop – This class will leave you feeling good with new moves and a nice sweat! I will bring you choreography that will be a sexy burlesque twist on a down & dirty hip hop dance. Please wear gym shoes or dance shoes and workout wear. No experience necessary.
- 2:30 – 3:30– Music for Burlesque Dancers – Music is your partner in dance. A dancer must know how to use the music, especially when working with a live band or while creating a new act. Franky Vivid, an accomplished musician, will take you through different types of striptease music and show you the similarities and differences. You’ve worked on having a body for dance and now is the time to get an ear for music!
- 3:45 – 4:45 – Burlesque Blues – You definitely will NOT have the blues after this class! I will lead you in a burlesque class done to LIVE accompaniment by guitarist, Alan Stehman. Be prepared to move and grove and incorporate the ideas learned in the Music class.
JULY 12 – Take the whole day for $65 for each class for $25.
- 12 – 1 – Style & Grace – Combine the style & grace of a ballerina with the raw sexuality of a burlesque dancer. I will take you through hand and arm movements that will really accentuate your tease. We will also discuss body lines and move seamlessly from one to another.
- 1:15 – 2:15 – What a Heel! – Learn once and for all how to walk in heels. You can bring in multiple pairs of heels so you can start in a smaller heel and then work up to those gorgeous shoes that you love but can’t walk in! I will teach you foot strengthening exercises so that you can continue to practice your heel game at home.
- 2:30 – 3:30 – Get Stoned! – Rhinestoned, that is… Frenchie Kiss is the Temptress of Twirl, but she is also the Sovereign of Sparkle! Learn how to make a dazzling impression with your costumes working with stones of all kinds – from acryllics to cabachons to Swarovskis. You’ll also learn how to work with trims, sequins and appliques. Bring a costume piece or bra to work on in this hands-on class.
See you soon!